Friday, September 22, 2017


ONE MORE
SKYPE
with
MUSKETEER!

Trainer Gracie of Diabetic Alert Dogs of America, has been Musketeer's main trainer and was the one to Skype with me and Musketeer the three times that I've now Skyped with him.  I had a lot of questions for her and she gave me lots of answers as well as a lot of "behind the scenes" information that will help me be a better service dog handler.

One of the first things I asked was if she will be okay when it's time for Musketeer to leave to come home to me.  She told me that if Musketeer would stay with her, he'd only be a pet and not living up to his full potential and that includes saving my life.  She much rather have Musketeer helping take care of me and making my life so much better and healthier and Musketeer really loves to do alerts and other tasks, it makes him really happy.  She did tell me that her husband has gotten really close to Musketeer and he might have a more difficult time, but still, he knows Musketeer needs to be with me.  I asked Gracie if she would like it if I kept in touch with them, let them know how Musketeer is doing and she seemed thrilled with that offer!  I'm planning on making something extra special for Gracie and her husband and have it be "from Musketeer" for Christmas.

Musketeer went on a road trip from the Phoenix area to Las Vegas Wednesday, September 20, 2017 to meet up with the boss man to be tested!  Musketeer Puppy PASSED with flying colors!  I was told to contact the office next week to find out when Musketeer has been scheduled to fly to Wisconsin!  I was told two to three weeks from now by Gracie, but the main office will be better able to give me a more exact date!  I was also told that Musketeer is awesome going on long car rides.

I was given so much information to process today.  I'll be given so much MORE information and a book all about Musketeer, when he arrives.  I was told if there is any place here that I'm not sure will be open to having a service dog, to let Ed (the boss who will be delivering Musketeer) know, that he's very good at educating folks about ADA laws.  

No time to waste!  The time to step up to the plate is NOW!

1.  Direct payments to Diabetic Alert Dogs of America using Musketeer Puppy in the payment description box.  Here's the LINK

2.  Donate at any Wells Fargo Bank to Musketeer the Diabetic Alert Dog.

3.  PayPal to:  wisconsin_marie@yahoo.com

4.  Purchase items or donate towards Musketeer at ~XM~ Designs in SL.

5.  Participate in The Purpose Hunt (Link HERE)


THANK YOU
for your Prayers
for your Time
for your Support
for your Kindness
for
Just you being YOU!


No comments:

Post a Comment