Tuesday, February 20, 2018


Why I'm Not Myself

After three years of battling ovarian cancer, my Mom won the gift of going to heaven to be with my Dad, her parents & brothers, and with God.  I got the call, minutes after she passed on Monday, February 5, 2018.

Musketeer has been an AMAZING puppy, more than usual.  He's had a LOT of messed up blood sugar levels to help me deal with and he's been very protective of me, leaning into me and looking up at me with his kind eyes.

The moment we sat down at the funeral, he placed his paw on my knee to let me know my blood sugar level was going up again.  The rest of the funeral, he was asleep at my feet.  He did a fantastic job holding a sit/stay out at the cemetery, even though it was SNOWING and that normally means TIME TO CATCH SNOWBALLS for the puppy!  After the graveside service, we played catching snowballs right there in the cemetery.

Two weeks later, I have bad dreams and Musketeer has been whining, waking me just enough to get me out of those bad dreams and I place my hand on his fur and I can fall asleep again without bad thoughts in my head.

Thinking is difficult.  Grief sucks.  Blood sugar levels are still all over the place.  Musketeer is at my side, as well as my family and we're all going to be alright.  It just takes time.


Thank you, Mom, for making
Musketeer possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment